Standon Lordship

Venue Standon Lordship UK

The Lordship includes the remains of an early Tudor mansion, built in 1546. It had a central courtyard. All was pulled down except the west wing and half the south wing. In the west wing was the main entrance, in the south wing the Hall. The carriageway with its four-centred arch remains and the flanking turrets on the east. On the west only stumps. The NW angle turret of the range has been reconstructed on the old foundations. The S. part of the W. wing has several gables and an outer chimney. The interior is entirely remodelled, and a new wing to the E. of the S end was erected about 1925 after a fire had burnt the Victorian living quarters

Venue Details
  • Location
  • Category
  • Address
    Standon Lordship, Standon, Hertfordshire, UK